Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welll......

I will confess I have not made anymore progress since Friday on either this blog or my research. But I am determined to change that. 

My goals for a week from today are to have completed the beginning stages of IRB approval, which is required when using human subjects for a research project. Also, to contact a source to find a formula for my product. I am trying to make a commercial product with an added health benefit. Nothing earth shattering, but hopefully another option for the growing number of health conscious people.

We (I include myself in this) get so caught up in how much everything costs, that we sometimes sacrifice our health for cheaper food.  Wouldn't it be great, if the healthier food was, the cheaper it was? But it is the opposite I am afraid, because it is so easy to make, preserve and keep processed food, as well as cheap to produce.

So my next goal is to switch back to eating less processed food, and back to actually cooking. To do this, I will need to make portions that I can easily eat before it goes bad, not a 9x13 pan of lasagna. Haha. And I can no longer claim the fact that I am too busy to cook, because I am not. So along with this goal, I am going to try to make 1 new recipe every 2 weeks. I have 16 cookbooks, it's time to use them. This will be fun!

Another goal is to finish reading the 3 books that I have started. One is due at the library on Monday, so I better get busy on that one. :-)

So that is all for right now, but hopefully I will be able to update with progress within the week.

1 more thing, my friend suggested that when she and I move in together we begin a blog about all the things we do. I whole-heartedly agree. Prepare to be blown away. HAHA :-)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, oh man. Ok well when you come across a really neat recipe, please share! Post it on here or something! I'll do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete